- 1 flour tortilla (2 if you want more than one quesadilla)
- whole boneless chicken breast
- shredded pepper jack cheese (you can also do cheddar)
- diced onion
- Poutry Seasoning (you can also use savory and mrs dash if you prefer)
- Taco seaoning (taco bell sauce can do as well if you have some)
- Either olive oil or vegetable oil
- Optional: Chipotle seasoning (some grocery stores sell this along with Pampered Chef). Gives extra flavor and spice.
- Optional: Sides like salsa, queso, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
1. Thaw out, season (putting taco seasoning on it can give it extra flavor when cooking) and cook a whole chicken breast (can be done with a Microwave).
2. Put a flour tortilla on a plate
3. Cut up chicken and put it on the tortilla.
4. Put onions on the chicken
5. sprinkle shredded cheese on the tortilla
6. Put taco seasoning on the tortilla (for more flavor, you can also use chipotle seasoning or taco bell sauce)
7. Add your own fixings to the tortilla (such as tomatoes, olives, etc if you prefer), you can also have it as it is
8. Get a good sized frying pan as well as tongs to flip the quesadilla
9. Pour some olive oil (or a similar vegetable oil) on the pan and cook on medium
10. Fold the tortilla in half and fry it. Let it crisp a bit, and flip it over. Usually takes up to 5-10 minutes for the quesadilla to cook.
11. After that, you can put it on a serving plate, slice it up (I prefer to use a pizza cutter, but how you cut it is up to you).
12. Add your sides if you want (such as salsa, sour cream, etc) for dipping.
13. Enjoy. Each quesadilla serves one person. If you are still hungry, you can make a second one as well using the same techniques.
Bonus content - watch a mexican food recipe guide on youtube
Related stuff from Amazon