Featured ad at Walmart

Advertisement from my primary sponsor: Walmart
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Also featuring the latest ads from Adhitz (replaces AdSense)

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Got a new Keurig coffee maker


 (Picture of the model I got)
You know, I thought I would let you all know that I recently got a new Keurig coffee machine last week.  Remember last week, I had that short lived job at Wet Noses in Monroe where I had to get up at 4:30 am and work from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm and my mother decided to get me one as an "early Christmas present" since it makes coffee to go in the mornings.  It is not quite the same as the ones that I work with in the grocery stores, but can be useful to have.  There are a few differences I have noticed in the Mini Models:

- There is a compartment on top of the machine where you can pour water into.  You have to refill the compartment each time you want to brew coffee.  With the other models I use, there is a pitcher you put water into and it can brew several cups of coffee before you have to refill the chamber again.
- Only one brew button (by the way, how much water you put in the chamber determines how much coffee is brewed).  In the store models I have used, you can brew small cups and large cups, but with the mini kind, the button has a one kind fits all function
- Coffees can overflow (especially if you put too much water in the chamber), so trial an error can happen with the mini models.
- Usually takes a few minutes to brew.  With the store model machines, the coffees brew within a minute or less after the water heats up, but with the mini models, it can take several minutes to brew (nothing will seem to happen at first when you push  the button, but after a few minutes the coffee brews).
- Ideal for small mugs.  Tall mugs will not work with this machine.  If the mugs you have don't fit, you will have to buy smaller ones.

I like the machine I have so far though.  I use starbucks coffee for my k cups by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

post a comment here